Sunday 9 November 2008

Last Show of the year.....

...Well for me anyway!
Dartmoor Agility Club - I haven't been to this show for a few years, although I've entered it, many times, when the alarm clock goes off so early in the morning and it's pouring with rain and it's so dark - the bed I'm afraid wins! But this morning no excuses, I had a plan! I'd run the agility classes as they where first on and if I'd had a clear round (three chances) then rather than wait nearly 4 or even 5 hours for my next runs, I'd go home! and that is what I did.

I had a great morning, I really enjoyed seeing everyone before Christmas, and hearing of everyone news, as I don't get the "agilityeye" magazine, I don't seem to be able to keep up with what everyone has won or nearly won! Lots of "well dones" and hugs where shared. Not sure whether to mention those or not, unsure how people feel about seeing their names on my blog, maybe what I should do is just use first names and then everyone else can guess who????

But I do have to mention that Davids Sky has had pups, 7 months too late for me! I do love Shelties, but if he can't find a home for one of them, he knows where I live!!!!!
Young Lesley passed her AgilityClub instructors course.
...and Nikki came 10th today and Louise 12th in G1 classes -I'm so proud of you both.
Oh yes and Lorna with Cadbury winning another class! Well done to you all. and.....and.....and..........
great seeing Brian, Maureen and of course Louise and Flashhyyyy and Chris with my mate Troy I could go on, but I won't.
Oh yes, I will mention, Thank You to Nigel for my huge tin of sweeties - I don't know why, but I do - you shouldn't have, She says sitting here munching Merrily away!

Who was my best dog today, you won't believe it, but it was Buzzy, he was fab even though we had 5 on the DW, the rest was perfect for us, I'm still Buzzing from it now!
Red and Harry where clear, but not fast enough for places.
Red turned the wrong way out of the second tunnel, but the rest was spot on for a 9 year old dog, with mild HD, spondilousis (SP) and a heart murmur!
Harry was a little nervous about the whole inside thing, this was his first show inside and his second time at working inside (Wednesday night being the first) I did bring him in earlier on to walk around and try to get him to play and he seemed happy after a while, so I put him back in the car for a rest, anyway his run went like this: he went off from the start line heading straight at Clive-his mate, but I did turn him for the tunnel then up the DW at a steady trot, silly me didn't stand my ground for the weaves, I was going to cross behind, so we had a spin, the rest was nice but steady, hopefully after a winter of training inside he will gain his confidence, for future years, still can't believe he hasn't been competing for a year yet.

I didn't take Mindy, I thought it might be a little bit too much for her! She will come training on a Wednesday first, and see how she copes, she is rather wild!

Lara kindly brought my nice new tyre to the show, which has been on order for rather a long time, but it's here now - now I don't want to put it outside - its too clean!

Little sweet, butter wouldn't melt in her mouth pup, is off to the vets on Wednesday to have a couple of retained baby canines removed, I've also asked for hips to be xrayed and see how they look, and her patellas checked.

She had her eyes tested for KC/BVA and Glaucoma last week and passed. All the Crestie people, keep telling me to tape her ears up, as they are so close to being up - not as big as Harry's, I'm just worried in getting the taping wrong and her looking silly for a couple of weeks, I do love upright ears thou.
Thats it for now.

Here's a very short Video of Mindy and Harry out with their new palls, Perdy, Lucky and young Tally, just to show you, she has improved! Socially

PS. you might want to turn the sound down! HEE HEE

No comments: