Tuesday 28 September 2010

Number five!

Whilst my computer is behaving it's self, I thought I had better post!

So you have had two things you didn't know, so only five left to let you know about!



Well like a lot of agility folks, I used to ride and compete with horses, even to the dizzy heights of representing the county not country but county in dressage, we also evented, pony clubbed.......

Guess which one's me!!!

Here I am riding "Nimbo"....don't ask where the names came from, haven't a clue



.....here I am riding Man Friday, over a cross country course near Martock (somerset) funny how you can remember some things, no idea if we got a place or not, Friday was a great little pony, 13.3 hh, when I out grew him, he went to live with a family in Ely (Cambridge way) and went on to represent the country in dressage, he also jumped at Hickstead.


This was Glitter Wax, my first horse (rather than pony....just taller) competing here at Bicton, Devon.

I remember I rode him home when we first bought him as he was only just down the road, he bucked me off 3 times in the first 24 hours of owning him......took rather a long time to bond, as you can imagine!

Mum used to drive the lorry and take me everywhere and was my groom, what a star, she never rode though!...thanks MUM for doing so much for us kids xxx

No comments: