Tuesday 2 August 2011

"Mindy" August 2nd 2011

A month after her operation, looking amazing, well I think so!

Thanks to Clive and Elaine Snook for drinking so many beer and cider cans for Mindy at the weekend, and Chris and John for supplying us with the Trellis, yes I know it wasn't meant for Mindy but for my camping trips...

She is continuing to improve, but not so rapid as the first two weeks, but Peter Attenburrow did tell us that. We are continuing with the ttouch that Shona Moon showed me last week, I have got the hang of the "hair slides" she loves them and lots of back of the hand work, she still finds any mouth work to "in your face!" so have just done hair slides around the area, especially as her face hair is growing rather long now, she really could do with a clip and get her looking a bit more even, just don't think she would cope with being at the groomers just yet, although lovely Val did do Harry at the show at the weekend as I had lots of comments, how fat Harry was! little did they know it really was hair, he looked great for Sunday.....Yes I went to a show, the "Agility club" still haven't managed to do any training, so the least said about my handling the better.

It was great seeing everyone and nice to know we are on peoples minds and it was lovely that people came to talk to me about Harry or Sennen, even though I hadn't a clue who they were, but they read my blog...

Yes Sennen came too, on her first of many camping trips, she was very good, apart from catching a mixy rabbit with Tamsins two terrier boys, Albert and Toby on the cross country course...... more recall work required. I was very careful where I let her off and what dogs where around as now she adores small dogs and expects all of them to be like Harry, Mindy, and now Albert and Toby. She was great around the rings, spoke nicely to loads of dogs and played nicely with others, she even found a big pup to play with, Sara's Zips and Kiz Puppy, but with all the excitement of them playing I forgot to ask names, sorry Sara. She tugged like a good em! and concentrated enough to do waits and tricks around the rings, she gets excited watching the "squeaking" dogs running, bless her, she barks more like a Shepherd each day...ugh!

I took Harry and Sennen for an MOT with the Galen girls, Sennen was given the all clear to start back agility and actually I am looking forward to starting back with her and Harry, Sen has had 5 weeks off and she has driven us all mad with her antics......anyway Harry apparently wasn't so good and needs to see the chiro, which so happens, I had booked for next Wednesday anyway, he was booked in along with Mindy's first vet approved visit....

Oh yes Mindy is allowed a new harness less bulky camo pink fleecey one, from "Dog Games" site, they where very good and allowed me to have a selection to take to Peter and let him choose which he wanted her to wear he choose the cheaper model as it had a wider fleece ad less buckles, I think he was siding with Ian on how easy ti was to put on personally, I liked the more expensive one....

..and lastly I spent rather a lot at the show, buying a fleecy harness for Sennen to wear when she is pegged to the floor on her stake rather than attaching to her collar, a lead with her name sewed in (Ian doesn't like it, thinks it should have been a nicer colour, well I suppose that's an excuse to buy another one some day!!) and a pot of "Riaflex" for Mindy (well I couldn't forget her could I?) Oh and got some free samples of "joint aid" too.......

Think that's all the news...the Discovery's are still sat at the bottom of the garden, oh well what's another few weeks!

2 comments:

nellie-bean's blog said...

I love the dog games harnesses and recommend them to everyone. Mine are never tied on a collar and only have one for ID really though Arch goes to rings on a collar and lead. Nellie has a perfect fit one as she chewed I think 8 of the normal ones as they were loose on her chest. She has pink too!! Arch is in red and fits a normal one fine.
Good to see Mindy improving. She looks realy well going over the canes and beer cans *!!* She'll have lots of back end awareness already from stuff you'll have done before and agility so she is already well on from where a lot fo dogs would be. Thinking of you all xx

Angela said...

Thanks Helen, I think Sennen may eventually need a "perfect fit" one as she did try chewing it and she did managed to do "a walk back and slide out of it routein!"
When I'm tenting I dont have a garden, but would like to have them out the car for a change, I never leave them unattended, they go back in the car/van.....
Thanks again Helen xx