Friday 10 December 2010

Haircuts!

well Mindy and Harry have been to Val the hairdressers for an almost "short back and sides", I was beginning to struggle keeping up with the grooming, so I think you realise if you have been following this blog these "Puffs" take a lot of looking after if you want to keep the coat longer, they feel like silk and it just knots going out in the wind! Val loves them and Harry adores her and rushes to see her outside of the salon but hates going there..hope that makes sense, whether it's just all the other dogs barking, they were really noisy yesterday and I do hate leaving them, the last time I stayed and stuffed them full of treats and they really had a nice time...but look at the end result they came away with neck chief each and Xmas stocking....

They have all been to the vets this week too, Harry for his jab and weighing..I try and weigh them all regularly just to keep track with them, it can creep up...as it does with me!
everyone has lost weight, just little, but nothing to worry about, Mindy really needed to0, Red I try and keep low in her old age for her movement in her hip, she has HD in one hip oh and a grade 2 heart murmur (not bad for a grade 7 retired at 10 agility dog!) Buzz I was a little more concerned about, he had jumped off the bed on Saturday morning and did his back leg thing that he did last year that took £500 hydrotherapy and pills and potions and 6 months rest to sort out, although it really was just a management thing...he is a lot better after 6 days of metacam and lead walking, Vet agreed with my idea of another few days of rest and Metacam, take him off the metacam and then keep lead walking for another week and see how we go....

What else happened this week.......No lessons as the ground was just too hard, until today....but I did manage to fit in some cik and cap training (twist and rop, Dawns saying) great DVD that Slyiva Trkman has brought out, very down to earth in how she teaches it and why and where to use it....great Christmas buy! I'm still at the pole stage and haven't made up my mind what words I'm going to use that I can remember, I use "this" for both sides, but hadn't really taught it around anything...just used it out on walks to get them back to me.....Lots to learn.

Oh and Ian chopped another 6 inches of my hair with the kitchen scissors, it's rather short now and I can only just tie it up.. yes I know it will grow out a bit...it's short !!
May be I should have just gone with Mindy and Harry....

No comments: