Wednesday 16 May 2012

Sunday walk and Cycle ride!

The photos are all arse about face!
so it's the cycle ride first and the last photo first! Meet Ned, well that's what he told me his name was... Now Ned and I hit it off straight away... haven't stroked a pony for ages... we shared my banana, well really I've not stroked a horse/pony since I sold mine when I was 16/17 before I started to go out to work, think it was about then. Actually that's not quite right as I worked a further 3/4 years with horse, from race horses, to brood mares, to hunters, to trekking in Portugal and trekking at Abbotsbury, Dorset... so I must have been about 19/20 when I last rode and mucked out etc... But Ned is special, not sure why he just is, hopefully I will meet him again on my next ride around....

These ponies are used to control the ground - moorland on Goss moor, one of the many walks around here.. except I cycled the route, it's only 7 miles, but I cycled from home to the start of it at Screech Owl Sanctuary, so maybe it was 8/9. I took a packed lunch and left Ian back home working with a friend..
Ned's second in command...


The Heard..


My Bike propped up next to a bit of bog!


A Bog! the wild life was amazing the butterfly are out, lots of different colours, I really should take a book next time and look them up...


First thing Sunday morning, I walked the dogs, in my favourite place in the world a wood, always loved woods and want one day to live in one, with a bit open so I can fit the agility equipment in of course!


Have you ever tried walking some of the runs that the animals have walked, just close your eyes and walk slowly with your feet and feel the twigs, grass either side of your feet, something I used to do as a kid but had forgotten until recently.... you really get to feel the ground ... sigh


Mindy would have made a great "Gun dog" Here she is doing the pose after hearing a pheasant in the distance.... whilst standing on a log!


the only shot of all of them in front of me, mooching along...


Oh and this one...

No comments: